Friday, October 18, 2019

The Ghosts of Halloweens Past (2014)

With my parents’ fiftieth wedding anniversary in November of 2018, my ability to participate in Halloween festivities were limited that year, with Haunted Hill left eerily abandoned and the small number of builds I did manage to create focused primarily on decorating my office for the company’s annual decorating competition. I was, though, able to partake in a Halloween tradition which I had not participated in since my early teens: trick-or-treating. With nostalgia in mind, the space normally dedicated to the previous year’s haunt has been inhabited by the ghosts of Halloweens past. For this week’s post, we travel back to 2014 – a time when my little brother and I united for the first time since we moved out of our parents' house to haunt his home. Although I managed to create a few props (the candle pillars, trash bag creepy cloth, and withered boards), work schedules limited the number of builds and made us rely more on store-bought items. Sadly, few pictures exist of the haunt itself, since much of the time was spent erecting the display and reminiscing.

No comments:

Post a Comment